Saturday, February 20, 2010

I was 1 ft from a monkey!

Day 22 – Saturday, February 20, 2010

Today was incredible! We went on three safari’s: one at 6am, 10am, and 4pm. Then we had a great Kenyan dinner including grilled lamb chicken and steak. Finally we had a nice team meeting to close the night out as we will be saying goodbye to 10 of the team members (including my mom!! L). We didn’t see lions or cheetahs, but there’s one safari left and I have high hopes!

The safari’s were incredible! We saw giraffes, a nose of a hippo, a few elephants, hundreds of monkeys, zebras, gazelle, dik diks, different birds, and crazy trees. The combis we have been riding in the last few weeks have the top open up, so you could stand on the seats and see out in every direction! Today was a amazing! At one point we got out of the combi to see the hippos, and Mom, Danelle, and I came across a group of monkeys that were pretty close, so we tried to get closer and take a picture with it. Then they let us way way closer and suddenly we were surrounded by these adorable monkeys! It was crazy! We were having a private moment with these amazing animals, and there were no cages! Truly incredible!

In between safari 2 and 3 we relaxed by the pool and had a great time! This was exactly what I needed to revitalize for next week in Mombasa! Before dinner, I took an amazing hot shower and since this place is so nice, I dressed in this beautiful dress I got while in Harrogate from H&M. With my new Kenyan jewelery (mom and I went shopping yesterday….), I feel like a girl again! Mom leaves in the morning so I want to spend my last few minutes with her. Talk to you all later!

Summary: No lions, tigers, or bears, oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment