Sunday, May 21, 2006

Still studying....

So that last entry was actually on Friday....not Sat. (xanga is on the wrong time zone!). Fluids is going well...thank you for asking. The new count: 17:20:05 until Fluids test....68:20:05 until the end. The best news is that after tonight, I only have 2 more days of studying today! (Granted they'll be extremely crammed as I suck at memorizing and while i spent a few days on each of the other 2 subjects - continuum mechanics and dynamics and control - that was many many studying hours ago. I'm sure i've forgotten it all)


On top of this fun stressfulness, one of my roommates is moving out 2 months early. THis means I will be missing some extra income for the next 2 months. crap! I am going to charge him the fee to break the lease - i feel mean about it, but come on....2 months! just to go live with his friend too...no real reason.


So last night I watched last holiday and nanny mcphee and made amazing shrimp that butterflied and I thought I was going to die from happiness (as in I was not studying at the time, eating amazing shrimp and watching a fun movie while relaxing in bed. Thank you God for those little moments!).  Oh i also bought a cheese log - sounds gross, but I guarentee you'll love it.


So while I'm excited that studying in nearing an end (I averaged about 10 hrs a day  for the last 2 weeks straight....) I realize this means I have to go back to aggiesat soon. Kinda funny but I sorta enjoy working at a desk. not being a boss or running around doing things. It was nice to have this break. I'll spend the week off (after tests before aggiesat) getting pumped back up. It is cool what we're doing - building a satellite and all....and I get to go to colorado in a few weeks and hopefully see jamie....yea!


Quote of the day (inspirational...to keep me working...)  No steam or gas ever drives anything until it is confined. No Niagara is ever turned into light and power until it is tunneled. No life ever grows until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined. == Joan Rivers


ok back to studying.......Sidenote: do me a favor and sign on to aim and say hi to me - frekles83. A quick break would be welcomed.


S (in summation...haha): studying almost done and had amaaazzzing shrimp. Thank you HEB!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, girl, you are over the hill of the phd program!  (too bad it's a bi-modal hill)  Anyway, time to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete