Thursday, August 12, 2010

Made it!!

So I totally made it! We got a great sleep, woke up early, jumped in the car and headed for the border. After 45 minutes at the border where they questioned every part of my plan twice, I started to realize they didn't believe me. They then rejected me from the border and said I was too much of a risk that I would probably stay in Canada. I was shocked! All of a sudden my grand plan was ruined! How could they reject me!?!! Then I remembered I had my baby picture/canadian citizenship card. My mom got this when I was 10 days old, so the picture is a fair resemblence to me. Puffy cheeks, no hair, frilly dress...total likeness! Well I pulled this out of my pocket and handed it to the guard, and he said 'well this changes everything!' and it did! I knew my US passport was nearly worthless! I was let in, they inspected my trailer, and said as long as I bring everything out that I'm bringing in, I can go in without paying a dime for duty! Ahhh! (The angels from above began to sing...) I drove off and could hear my accent start to change now that I'm officially a Canadian and US ex-patriot. Additionally I got this crazy craving for Le Batt's beer, a strong affection for maple leaves, and a desire to get a pet beaver. Yea Canada! Linds and I made the last 300 mile drive to my uncle's and we put my trailer in its new home for the next 8 months. We were quite happy to detach it from the car, drove off, got mom, dad, and sampson (my dog) from the airport, and I started my Canadian vacation! It's taken a few days to record this as it's been so much fun! More to follow later, but thanks for your prayers and Linds and I somehow got here completely safe! there was more than 1 angel tracking us I'm sure!


Distance: 7000km (cuz i'm canadian now)


Driving time: 84 hours (in a 264 hour period)


Books read: still 0....huh.


Provinces: 19 (cuz i`m canadian now)

No comments:

Post a Comment