Sunday, January 16, 2005

At church tonight, I saw one of the kids from my first grade class for the first time! It was Ross, and he's a totally cute kid and waved really big when he saw me. It was so cute! I love how simple life in first grade was. One kid in class yells 'poop' and the whole class giggles...hehe. One girl in my class cries every time we do a fill in the blank because it's too hard. Man, the number of times I was doing homework last semester and wanted to do just that.


I think i'm in a rut. I dunno. I don't really enjoy my research. i don't dislike it, it's just that i don't care about it at all either. Classes are okay. the only thing keeping me in school and motivated is that I have a house that would be too much work to sell and if i did leave school i would have to get a real job and work 40 hours a week. It feels like i'm in the best of the worst situations I want to be in.


Hmm on second thought, maybe it's just that I've spent the last week in my room barely leaving, trying to avoid work. I miss first grade when it was so easy to make friends.  Everyone says moving is crappy because you have to make all new friends - in first grade that was no problem. Now, it's actually hard. In grad school everyone is married or a dork, or well I guess, me.  There's a college age group that meets at church that insists it's not a singles thing. I think I'll go. I can't wait for next wed to solve my next problems on a first grade level.


bottom line: based on first grade psychology, i think i'm in a rut, or maybe i just need to make more friends. I'll ask my first graders what they think this week (to which i'm sure the answer will be 'jesus' or 'poop')

No comments:

Post a Comment