Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh Boy Boise – January 20th, 2011 Thursday

I arrived in Boise Thursday evening absolutely exhausted. My cousin Becca picked me up at the airport and we dropped by to say hello to my grandpa (Opa), then headed to her house for the weekend. Earlier that day, Opa called and said I couldn’t come to his house because he had a cold. Instead I would spend the weekend at the Lee’s with my cousins. Great! I rarely get to spend so much time with them and Aunt Joyce.
Beccca and Brenna!!

harpee eagle
 I had a fantastic 10 days in Boise. We relaxed, ran errands, saw movies, played games, namely cribbage, and visited. Plus I read 13 books! Okay...5 of them were diary of a wimpy kid. But the other 8 were actual books. One was ‘Till they have faces’ by CS Lewis. It was absolutely amazing! A retelling of the story of Cupid and Psyche with a ‘Wicked’ twist telling the story from the bad guy’s perspective. Anyway we also went to the Peregrine Fund where my grandpa used to volunteer, his rehabilitation home that he left, much to the dismay of everyone there, and to Mountain Home AFB so we could wander around the commissary for 3 hours.

Trish and a Peregrine










It was awesome! I was sad to leave but had a fantastic time seeing everyone and getting to have discussions on a deeper level. It was a nice rest before leaving for Kenya.
Summary: Hanging with the cousins in the big BOI, and chillin with my Opa!

1 comment:

  1. Opa knows how to play cribbage??? Wow. I love that a weekend in Vegas was pages long and 10 days in Idaho is a paragraph. Sounds like a well deserved relaxing trip!

    ReplyDelete