Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First things first

I am a bit behind. How, you ask, is that possible if this is a new site? Well I am. I feel as if there's years to put down, in the gap between my old site and my new one. Having quit my job as an aerospace engineer working on a NASA satellite, I find myself with quite a bit of time on my hands. I'm living in eastern Canada, north-east of Maine, with my mom's family in an idyllic province called Prince Edward Island, or PEI. No, my mom is not there. She's in Texas with my dad. I'll tell you the whole story of why I moved 4,000 miles away to my fourth country that I've lived in, some other time. Here's a pic of the beaches of PEI:
(North Shore, PEI, taken in October)

This blog is just a link for all my friends and family I’ve collected to keep track of me, since I really don’t like to use the phone, but love staying in touch. In the upcoming blogs I will recount the travels of the last year, but more importantly, I’ll be ‘reporting’ from Kenya about the medical mission KENCAN 2011 I’m currently on in the small town of Mikinduri.
(Pic from Kencan 2010 in Mombassa helping in the dental clinic)

Here’s a timeline since my writing may be out of sequence (though that would really annoy me as chronologically things just make so much more sense). I included a summary of what will be explained in each ‘episode’ of my blog as I do like summaries:
February 2010 – Visit to England and KENCAN 2010 medical mission to Kenya. Made decision to quit and move to Canada.
August 2010 – Quit and had fantastic journey to Canada. My sister is hilarious. Not working rocks!
Sept – Nov 2010 – Lived in PEI Canada doing odd jobs including lawn mowing, woodcutter, substitute teacher, Excel instructor, and babysitter.
(These were all documented on my previous blog http://frekles83.xanga.com/.)
December 2010 – Drove to Arizona for sister’s college graduation, then Texas for Christmas
January 2011 – Drove to Arizona for sister’s wedding, then visited Vegas & Idaho
February 2011 – Kencan 2011 medical mission to Kenya
March 2011 – Drive back to Canada via Phoenix, San Antonio, girl’s trip in Huntsville, spring break in Washington DC.
April 2011 – PEI, Canada..... and then???
(my favorite pic from Kencan 2010. How many elphants do you see?)

In summary: Hello! Welcome to my new site!

1 comment: