Friday, September 17, 2010

random thoughts

So randomness: I put away my summer clothes today. I find this a bit depressing. It may be a touch early as it's not exactly cold yet, but living out of a suitcase I don't have a lot of room for extra clothes. (How did i put them away then, you ask?? well I have been trading things out of my trailer. Today I traded the sweaters for the shorts, and I put back the camping stuff. Too cold now.) Anyway- I didn't put my summer things away last year until mid January, and then they came right back out in March! How crazy and different my circumstances are this year.


Linds sent me the sara barreiles cd and it's amazing! I love her music and how mellow and piano like it is. I was worried though because another singer i quite like, k t tunstall, took a few years to come out with her second album, and it was crap, it scared me that sara might go down the same track. (If you're wondering, kt's cd sounds like electronica meets folk...or rather like a breying animal is being electrocuted. no good!) Thanks linds! I love it!


Also, my kindle broke :( I'm so super sad. I was able to recover all the books and realized I still haven't read a few of them on here, so that's exciting that i have something to read now! I haven't decided whether to buy a new one or not. The price has come down a bunch and i can't imagine going to africa without it...last year i read nearly 20 books while in africa...something I could not have done with actual books! Maybe I'll wait and buy one right before I leave. In the mean time, I contacted amazon and if they won't fix the screen (the rest works fine), I'll take it apart and tinker with it. It costs $160 to fix through an external site. Guhhh! Total bummer!


I just finished the cronicles of narnia. All 7 of them. If you're a christian, you need to read them! They're whimsical and adorable, and totally amazing! The parallels are awesome, and having read cs lewis' other works, I understand how he thinks so much better now! If i were you, I would read them in this order though: 2,4,5,6,3,1,7. That's the order they were written. Or, rather 1,2,4,5,6,3,7 would be okay too because that first book, though a prequel and written nearly last, could be read first to make other things make sense. Anyway - awesome books! My heart was warmed while reading them, just like the feeling you get while reading the bible. :) yea!


I also just finished a book called 'white muzungo' about a woman who moves to kenya and marries a massai man. She's kinda crazy, but it was an interesting book. Plus it has great things in there about kenya and the language that made me smile. I can't wait to go back!


Okay final thought - I kept one pair of shorts out....my skinny shorts. I bought these a year ago and said one day they will fit. I totally forgot about them since I've moved here. I uncovered them today and put them on...and they're loose! Even after Kenya they were too tight to wear in public! So I've been dancing around all day in them (with a hoodie on top of course and a blanket anytime I sit down)! But I have to celebrate because it will be much too cold to soon! The irony is that now I have no clothes that fit...and shouldn't really buy new ones since I'm jobless and all. Go figure!


1 comment: