Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Travel day 2 (home that is) part 2...the last

Day 31 – Monday, March 1, 2010

So I watched four movies from London to Phili – yes! Wow! Talk about being back in the real world! I would have done database work but my comp died 5 minutes into the 9 hour flight. Oh well. Had a nice layover in Phili (went through security again…that makes 9). Got my flight moved up to an earlier one and was even upgraded to first class for free! I slept the majority of that 5.5 hour flight, but took advantage of a glass of wine and free dinner. Then I thought about how much I had eaten over the 48 hours of travel….I had 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 3 dinners. I’ve always said the only problem I have with switching time zones and sleeping patterns is all I do is eat. It’s so true! The best part is all the food was free because of international flights and stuff, so that’s okay. J I got in, LInds picked me up after a bit of terminal confusion and since I didn’t have my phone I had to turn the computer on to email her a text message, ha! How awesome is that!?! We went through all my touristy things and had a great chat. I’m so happy to be home with her! Here are some fun stats for the month I was gone:

Books read: 12.5

Time on a plane: 44 hours

Time on a train plane or combie: 103 hours (4.3 out of 32 days…that’s 13%)

Friends made: 100+

Memories made: 1000 (I counted)

Times cried: 5 (pretty good I think: once after the first week in Africa b/c I was exhausted, once when mom left, once for Lina, twice because I was leaving)

Hours spent entering data: 100 (see work people… in addition to having fun, I was working while I was gone.)

Thanks all of you who read these or prayed for me. Your prayers were answered in so many ways! It was nice to write home like people were listening, as it really kept me connected. If you haven’t done so, please drop me a line if you read any of them. I’m curious…. I'll send a link out once all pictures are uploaded. There are thousands!

Summary: The end! I’m home!

No comments:

Post a Comment