Monday, January 25, 2010

Site converted

Hey guys, I am going to Africa for a month in February and am the appointed recorder. Rather than email you with the updates, I will keep this blog updated as often as we have internet access.  We're going to three sites in Africa for a Medical mission, which will also include Dental, and Vision. I'm on the vision team! See more info at: mikinduri.com.  Also my mom is going. She's a nurse so she will actually be useful (as opposed to me with my extensive knowledge of the vision field...I wear glasses....occasionally). Also, my Uncle Ted is organizing the trip and I'm really looking forward to spending an extended amount of time with him and mom. Here's the plan:

Jan 30 - Go to England to visit friends: Lisa, Kirstie, Claire, and Linnea (all over England)

Feb 4 - Fly to Nairobi, Kenya

Week of Feb 7 - Work in Mikinduri

Week of Feb 14 - Work in Mwengi

Feb 19 - Go on Safari!

Week of Feb 21 - Work in Mombasa

Feb 28 - Head to Phoenix

If you're curious or want to see pics from past years, go to: www.mikinduri.com. FYI all donations received are used on the mission, not sending people there. We have to cover all of our own travel and hotel costs, so all money donated goes into the communities. Cool, huh?

1 comment: