Tuesday, September 6, 2005

So I know I haven't written in a while. sorry. This last week (the first week of classes) has been crazy! Big news: I am no longer doing the grad work coding software like I have been for the last year. I am now the PM - program manager for the AggieSat1 for the AFRL (air force research lab) NanoSat4 competition. Cool, huh? I'm crazy busy recruiting people and getting caught up. I was working on it, but took 2 months off to write my thesis and big mistake there. I am totally lost now! I have a bunch of people working under me now, though, like 60-80 or so....


i'm way excited but it's kinda wierd. when the head of the dept asked me and i said yes, she goes 'ok i'll inform the air force' - doesn't that sound like something from a movie, not real life!? The best part is that i actually enjoy this stuff - design, managing, paperwork. I might actually stick around for more of grad school then i thought....cuz i'm getting paid for this! ok that's all, gotta go back to working.


oh other big news: my hot tub is up and running. mom and dad came to visit this weekend and we tested it out - primo. you should come visit and see too!


bottom line: my life is now acronyms...and i can only talk to people about work with certain citizenships. yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment