Sunday, January 30, 2005

i have so much to say! First, michelle came this weekend and it was fun to have her, even if she was only here for 18 hours and I had to wake up early to see her go. sadly, we went out to eat and i didn't stay on my diet, but i did meet new people this week! oh and exercised a bunch and didn't drink, and I think i'm adding stop cursing entirely to the list.


Anyway, it totally makes me laugh how some people can make you feel like crap and totally dogg something (i.e. my room) without meaning to. I realize she didn't try to hurt my feelings, but suggesting a makeover on my room, after i've put thousands into it, before she barely says anything nice. and i know she doesn't mean it, but i'm really proud of my house right now, and someone who can't manage to say something nice before talking about what i should change, as if i give that many hoots about what she thinks.


hmm next comment, I think God really works in funny ways. I went on a retreat on sat about forgiving people and the power of prayer, and it was really cool. anyway, when i was cleaning the house before mich came (i had 1 hr between the retreat and when she came) ricardo (my roommate who has never cleaned our bathroom and has vacuumed any room of my house less times than manda....) said "what are you doing". yeah i kinda went off with an annoyingly calm tone "well i'm cleaning because no one in this house does, and instead of just doing a regular, i had to scrub and everything.. blah blah blah".....so anyway i felt bad but mich came right after that and everything i said was true. so today i get some stuff from my car and it turns out my passenger from last night apparently didnt shut the door so the lights dont come on and the battery is very dead. i leave it for a few hours, apologize to ricardo when he got home, and tried to start the engine. yea...it started....God is amazing. I never really know what to take as a sign from Him, but a dead battery that miraculously regains power after i apologize....amazing :)


Long story short: life is good, i'm glad i'm an optomist so i can easily brush off comments that weren't meant to be hurtful yet really were, and am so glad to be Christian right now. Being contrite can make your dead car battery start, oh and did I mention that I think life is great! :)


PS Linds: i got the 3rd bonus pet, hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment